Sunday, February 22, 2009

Drum roll.............

Your suggestions were overwhelmingly fantastic. Emma has taken to calling them Peck and Waddle, so she's going to be a bit disappointed after hearing their new names, names she's probably never even heard of. So, with much hullabaloo, I present to you

Chicken names

It's hard to resist Patty and Selma. I've already heard several groans when asked what I've decided, but it seems so fitting. If chickens had fingers, I'm sure mine would be smoking cigarettes underneath their coop to help alleviate the stress Asher causes them. One of these days, that racket he keeps throwing at them will hit it's target. And, we'll of course have to name the third chicken we acquire Marge, which is fitting since she'll look so out of place next to these two behemoth monsters. Tweedledee and Tweedledum were perfect middle names for my stupid chickens. Congrats to Jennifer and April. I've got a dozen eggs for the both of you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice I like it very much! Jason named ours and its not what I wanted but he went with the Judd's since once got red "hair" and the other has "brown".

Anonymous said...

Aren't Tweedledee and Tweedledum boys?!?

Unknown said...

I love your blog so I nominated you here http://mormonmommyblogs.blogspot.com/
hope you win (either you or me hee hee)

proud parents said...

In the words of a great American icon: "Woo-hoo!"

Mmm . . . eggs . . .

FizixMamma said...

If I blogged more regularly I could have suggested something, bummer. Are you calling them something for short or do you really say "Who wants to help feed Patty Tweedledee and Selma Tweedledum?"?